Toe board protective barrier
Prevent dropped objects and secure walkways by a CablesSafe® Toe board protective barrier
The CableSafe® toe board is a low protective barrier. The Toeboard or Kickplate protects openings on platforms when there is a risk of dropped objects and tools from height. The safety toeboard is easy to install with nuts and bolts. Installation is done without the need of hot work permits. The toe boards can protect any size opening, the more units to larger the opening. At any time the units can be increased. The boards are 4 x times faster to install over conventional steel toebards without hot work permit. The toeboard or toeplate warns for openings on the platform by its bright yellow color.
- Neatly enclose field cut penetrations
- Great for rework
- Faster than welded banding
- Easier than using resin on oversized pipe
- Uniform, finished appearance
Best Practice Recommendations: (Drops Handbook – Page: 76)
- Decks, gangways and platforms must have toe boards at least 100mm / 4in high
- On stairways, every step must have a toeboard at least 50mm / 2in high
- All landings in stairways must have toe boards at least 100mm / 4in high
- The gap between the deck or grating and toe board must not exceed 10mm / 3/8in
- When removing guard rails temporarily, the checklist must include reinstallation of toe boards in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
Toe-plate according to the Internations Standardization Organization – ISO 14122-3:2001 section: 3.2.4.
Solid lower part of a guard-rail or upstand on a landing to prevent the fall of objects from a floor level (3 in figure 2). Note 1 to entry: A toe-plate also reduces the free space between the floor and kneerail to prevent the passage of a body.
- No hot work permit required
- Dropped object prevention
- No scaffolding required
- Installs from the top-side in minutes
- Sandwich grating
- Just as fast and easy to remove as it is to install
- Proven design has been successfully used for over 20 years
- Specified by many multi-national industrial companies
- Recommended by many engineering & construction firms